1) I love my husband. More and more every day I’m learning of how God loves Cale way more than I could ever love him; more than I can fathom. To know that there is a love like that for my husband brings comfort on so many levels.
2) Cale and I went to a beautiful wedding on Saturday. At one point I looked at Cale and said, “This is the same church that we were married in.” Cale said, “Really?” I replied to this…”yep! Twice!” I suggested we do it again since we like weddings so much. ;) Just kidding!
3) Last night we laid on our bed cuddling and had a good time talking. Cale isn’t so great with conversations, but last night I would say we really had a good one! I’m starting to see this more and more…bits by bits.
4) I’ve been really excited to wake up (well, not the waking up part) every morning lately waiting to see what new things Cale is going to do. God has been answering a lot of prayers and really blessing us with great healing!
5) I miss the hospital. Is that totally weird? I miss the simpleness of it. Yes, it was a hard time in our life and had moments of loneliness, but it was simple. I was with Cale and that was life. Every day was so focused on his progress. I love being home (don’t get me wrong!) but, with home comes taking care of the house, business of life, bills, back to real life responsibility that wasn’t there during the hospital. Again, (just in case you think I need to be admitted to a crazy house) I DO LOVE BEING HOME!
6) Everywhere in my house that is too high to reach-never gets dusted.
7) I don’t like driving. I never have, Cale has always been the one to drive me places. I look forward to the day that he gets to drive outside of the parking lot...or do I? Not totally sure yet.
8) Scary movies scare me. I hate them and never watch them.
9) I really REALLY love food. It just makes me so happy!
10) I adore my babies that I’m going to have one day. I haven’t met them yet, I have no idea when I will, but I’m already crazy about them! Lately I can’t stop thinking about my tummy growing…one day!
11) We were sitting in church today and we had just started to dig into scripture. For the first time, Cale grabbed a Bible from the pew and opened it; searching for the correct page. He ended up finding the right area and then his mom helped him find the right verses. Too many letters and words though, so he put it away. It was incredible to watch him though! Praise God!
12) I never want to get to a point in my life where suddenly I can’t be me and I pretend to be someone else; someone that people would rather I be. I wouldn’t last…the real me comes out all too quickly. That’s the way it should be! The real me!
13) When we’ve been going to Cale’s doctor’s appointments lately we start out with each of us reading a magazine. Cale flips through and looks at all the pictures and when he’s done, we play cards. Whenever he sees a woman with a low cut shirt or a swim suit on, he covers his eyes and flips the page. :)
14) I constantly have to remind myself that this life is not about me. It’s not about my feelings, my wants, my desires, and my needs. What is so fascinating to me is that even though that’s not what it’s about, God cares. I really believe he does.
15) Basil makes me smile a lot…and laugh. Cale has been saying, “Basil is a good dog.” I agree!
16) I want a pot belly pig and have for years and years.
17) I have always wanted to learn to sew, but NEVER take the time to learn…I’d rather be eating.
18) I really enjoy meeting people. Cale doesn’t love it as much. I'd say he might love it more now than before!
19) Cale likes his fingers popped and I like my toes popped. We often will do each other’s…I know you were dying to know that! ;)
20) I. love. Chocolate.