Every time I give everything to the Lord, I feel complete peace. Every time I pick it back up, I feel like I'm going to break in half from the weight of everything. Why then do I continue to pick it back up instead of leaving it with the Lord? Such a simple thing to know, but yet can be such a challenge to actually do. In Matthew Jesus says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Again in Matthew he says " Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Will I ever fully get it? It would make this whole thing a lot easier on myself...I think I've written these same thoughts before. Just surrender Kathleen! Golly Gee Willikers.
Today was one of the patients birthday so a small group of us went for a birthday lunch! We loaded up in the wheelchair bus, and headed out. Cale ordered his first steak in 9 months! I asked him after a few bites, "how is it?" before his next bite he said "yummy, really yummy!" In OT he wrote in a card to give the birthday guy. It was a lot of fun! Since we were out for almost two hours, Cale didn't have much therapy today. I'm pretty sure he wasn't disappointed about it ;)
Random thoughts that may not be worth reading, but are on my mind~
* Fall feels good.
* I have always been scared to death of change and not a big fan. I like to get in a rhythm and stay there. I think I've been stretched quite a bit with this over the last 9 months!
* Over the last year, I've gone through stages of liking coffee and then hating it again. I'm going through another stage of liking it...cup of coffee with some yummy flavored creamer-it's nice for now :)
* I love pink. It's such a happy friendly color! Same with daises, so happy and friendly!
* I've never been a good writer or speaker. I know you might be thinking the opposite because you read this blog-and I write a lot, but this blog is a total God thing. Total! He gets all the credit for using me in this way. If you don't believe me about not being a good writer-ask mama!
* I love people. Relationships are a HUGE thing for me and always have been. If you wanna have a coffee (or tea if I'm not in my coffee stage anymore!) date, let me know...I would love to get to know you!
* I really like to go running, but never wanna go by myself. It's just way more fun when you have someone working so hard next to you.
* I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses all year! I told Cale when we were first married that we couldn't move somewhere that it rained all the time because rain and skirts do not mix.
* The Lord really is my strength and the reason I can be joyful even through all of this (Nehemiah 8:10). I know there are a lot of people that don't know the Lord personally, but I couldn't imagine not having Him. Since I was a little girl, he has held me through trial after trial and never has he forgotten about me or left me hanging.
* I am crazy in love with Cale and have been since we started dating. I had never dated before him. I knew that God had a prince for me and I wasn't going to date a whole bunch of peasants waiting. Cale, he's my prince!
* I love, love, love pie! Well, sweets that is...I have horrible self-control so I eat way too many. You would probably be sick if you really knew how bad I've been at times. Part of me says, oh well no big deal because I'm young and can get it together later...the other part says, I need to start now so I can be good later.
* I want to be a mom. I've wanted to be a wife and mom since I was so young and the desire has never settled down. Cale and I had decided to wait until after the Army. It was extremely hard, but I knew it was wise.
* Mama is my best friend. She's amazing and we have a ton of fun together. I can tell her anything and know that she's going to tell me what she really thinks. She's been there and supported me in times that I needed someone the most.
* I was in Malawi for 6 months and didn't want to leave. I still think about holding all the babies and playing with the kids everyday. It was so hard to leave and not know when I was going to be back. I pray that one day, Cale and I will still get to go together.
* I wish that God would give me a drawn out plan/map that I could look at daily and know exactly what I need to do, what things are going to happen, and what it's all going to look like. Instead He says "Trust me."
* I just found out tonight that three of my closest friends are going to be coming in December. I am beyond excited and can't wait for them to see Cale again! Yay for Rachel, Joe, and Beth coming!
16) I am thankful for how beautiful this world is! I am always amazed at God's creation and the details of everything. Cale and I watched Planet Earth in January and after we would finish watching some, we would sit and talk for an hour about how thought out and crazy every little thing is. Plants to insects, to animals, to humans, to space, it is truly amazing! I love getting to see the sunrise (I'm not usually up for this...) and sunset. I'm thankful for the sound of the birds and the color of flowers too! We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much beauty!