"Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees." Corrie ten Boom
The prayer cards are in the mail! Well, at least the first batch of many :) I'm taking time through the day to write addresses, seal the envelopes, and put a stamp on them. It's not a burden or overwhelming at all! It's turned out to be such a blessing!! As I write the address on each card, I am reminded how many people all over are praying for us! My heart was full of thankfulness today as I thought about how blessed Cale and I are, that there are so many prayer warriors on our side. Thank you for sending your address! I'm so stinkin' excited about the cards! They're so darn cute! :)
Cale had a rough day. He was consistently saying he was sad. He misses his friends and home. Most times we can distract him a little and he'll cheer up, but today he was Eeyore. So far his times of being sad haven't interfered with his therapies, but today it did :( Speech wasn't very great at all. He told Patty that the word game that she was having him play was stupid and he wanted to stop. Please pray against depression and that the joy of the Lord will continue to be Cale's strength! I'm praying that tomorrow will be much better! I leave for NY on Thursday, so...hopefully that won't make it worse!
Even though he was really sad all day, his neuropsych was great today! When Dr. Howe asked him who was here visiting he said "One boy and two girls, but I don't remember their names." When asked to think about who the boy was, he said "Joe" and with a little help he was able to say Rachel and Beth. When she asked what we all did this weekend he said "Saw animals, watched a movie, and played a shooting game (Halo)!!! What?! He was able to remember some of what we did! This is HUGE!! Woohoo!!! Crazy...it's absolutely crazy to see all of this progress happen! Dr. Howe has still been giving him three random words to remember after 2 minutes, and he still is having trouble. He was able to get one of the words today, so that's at least one of three! :)
The family meeting was today. We talked about Cale's surgery. I will have more details later. It's scheduled for the 21st of January...yay for a date! In case you missed one of my previous posts, the tumor is benign, so we don't have any scare about cancer! Thank you Lord!
Tonight before I left the hospital, I prayed with Cale. This time we thought of three things to pray for: Cale would continue to get better (a very big concern for him!), his surgery, and my trip. I asked Cale to pick one thing to pray for and he picked his surgery. He never wants to be the one to pray yet, because he has so much trouble with saying the words that he's thinking, but giving him something specific to pray for seemed to be great for him! He also prayed for his legs to get better :)
“Now, my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." 2 Chronicles 6:40
Please join with us in praying for:
* That Cale would continue to progress everyday! He says every day now, that he wants to be better (and I want that too!).
* For his surgery. That it would go smooth and that the recovery process would be quick-and there would be no set backs for him. Also for me...the wife waiting in the room-it's never the fun place to be!
* My trip! I'm leaving Thursday to visit our church family in NY. I've been wanting to make this trip before I bring Cale home. I'm excited to see everyone and I know it'll be good, but it's also the last place we were a couple days before the accident and I'm staying in the same house that we had stayed in. Also for my visit to the next facility on Monday. I will meet with them and tour the facility. I think it's going to be great, but pray for wisdom!
* Pray against depression! Cale is joyful and so happy. It was a great visit with friends, but made the desire for us to get home even stronger for both of us. The time will come! Again-it will be in God's perfect timing!
* Cale's memory! He still has long and short term issues. Things are starting to carry over a lot more which is so exciting! Pray that he continues to make memory gains and becomes even more aware!
* Please pray against fear! Cale is walking so great if I'm holding his hand and he uses the cane too. It's not a perfect walk, but so good. As soon as he doesn't have my hand, he's so afraid of falling. With more confidence, he'll be able to walk around our (one day) house with out anything!
"There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God." Brother Lawrence
The battle we face is more than just physical, it's a spiritual battle too! The joy of the Lord is our strength and every day we have to cover ourselves in the belt of truth, the breast plate of righteousness, shoes of peace, the shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit! Pray for courage to keep fighting in the battle! For endurance to keep going in this journey every day! Pray for our focus to continue to be on the kingdom and bringing glory in Jesus' name! Pray for strength and peace that only the Lord can give! Pray for Cale's full recovery and against discouragement! God cares about our soul and our bodies! Pray that as husband and wife, we would be able to stand firm against the lies of the enemy!
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:10-18